Welcome to my blog! On here I will be trying out new nail designs every week and displaying them for all of yout to see! (Sorry boys. This most likely won’t interest you) The reason for choosing this topic starts with a horrible habit of mine– biting my nails. It’s a habit I have been trying to break for years. They say nail biting is one of the wort things you can do to yourself. Leading to sickness and damaged teeth. I believe that if I have a nice design on there every week, I will slowly break the habit, and eventually break the habit all together!
Now enough about biting nails. Let’s get to the good stuff!
My first design is inspired by the hit T.V. show Phineas and Ferb.
My favorite character in the show is Perry the Platypus. If you are unfamiliar with the show, Perry is the pet of Phineas and his step brother, Ferb. The family is unaware that Perry is also a secret agent, who stops the evil Doctor Doofenshmirtz from preforming outrageous plots to destroy the town.
Here is the procedure I followed to accomplish this look:
- I painted my thumb nail a thin coat of orange. I let that dry, then lined a light brown polish across my nail to get the affect of Perry’s tail.
- Then I proceeded to color my remaining nails a dark turquoise.
- On my ring finger, I placed two white dots to represent his eyes.
- While the white dryed, I took a yellow polish and made his beak.
- When the white was finished drying, I placed two black dots over top, to represent pupils, then another white dot on top of that to show a little glimmer in his eyes.
- I let the paint set and dry then put a base coat on top!
Enjoy! (The picture should be in a seperate post above or below :D)